KUKONKOIVU, HOLLOLA – VIBRANT INDUSTRIAL PARK
The business-friendly town of Hollola owns the Kukonkoivu industrial area which has grown rapidly in recent years and will continue to grow to become a vibrant cluster of industry and land transport operations. The existing zoning plan facilitates quick use of large plots of land. Construction can begin right away, if needed.
Kukonkoivu has excellent connections: Lahti is only ten kilometers away and both the capital region and Tampere region an hour’s drive away. Riihimäki and Hämeenlinna can be reached in less than an hour. The planned southern bypass junction will be close to the Kukonkoivu area.
Good connections and central location were the deciding factors when Speed Group Oy chose Kukonkoivu as the location for their land transport center. Suomen Kaukokiito Oy has also purchased more than five hectares for their terminals and office premises. Other businesses located in the Kukonkoivu area include Ruskon Betoni Oy, Rakennusbetoni ja Elementti Oy and Pielisen Betoni Oy.
The area uses natural gas as its energy source. Kukonkoivu is on a groundwater area and the soil is solid gravel, suitable for construction. In addition to location and large plots of land, existing municipal engineering and low production costs make relocation to the Kukonkoivu area easy.
Plenty of opportunities
- Available plot area total is 173,000 m2, area to be zoned approximately 82,500 m2 and 49,500 m2
- The Kukonkoivu industrial area has grown rapidly in recent years and will continue to grow to become a vibrant cluster of industry and land transport operations
- The soil is solid gravel which facilitates easy construction
- Natural gas network in the area
- Large plots of land available
- Small and medium-sized companies may qualify for an investment subsidy offered by the TE Office